Belkin WiFi Extender is a device that acts as a repeater for the router’s wireless signal. This allows the user to extend their WiFi network in the hard-to-reach areas or the dead signal zones. It aims to improve your network’s performance. Moreover, this comes with a spot finder technology that checks and adjusts your range extender location. Furthermore, one can set up the it without using wires or cables. Hence, to increase the speed of the network, you must use Belkin WiFi Extender.
Here in this reading material, we are going to guide you about how to proceed step by step to setup your Belkin WiFi Extender. Hence, read this reading element carefully till the end.
What preparations does one need to do for Belking WiFi Extender Setup?
Step 1 – Preparation:
- First, you have to keep the extender within the range of your router’s network.
- Then, connect your extender to a power source.
- Now, check if the LED light flickers on the extender panel.
Step 2 – Connecting to the System:
To begin with the process of Belkin WiFi Extender setup, one needs to connect the extender to the laptop, computer, or tablet. One can do it using a wired or non-wired connection. Instructions are as follows:
- For this, first, you have to locate your default extender name in the available networks list (Belkin. setup).
- After that, connect your device to the default extender network name.
- In case you don’t find this network, reset your range extender. Tap the reset button of your extender and hold the same for about 10 seconds to turn it on.
- Now, wait till the LED light blinks to indicate that it is on.
- Use an appropriately functioning Ethernet cable.
- Plug its one end to the computer and the other to the Ethernet port of extender.
- Make sure that the cable is properly plugged in and the WiFi is turned off.
Procedure of Belkin WiFi Extender setup?
There are two different methods that you can opt to set up your Belkin WiFi Extender. One is the manual method, and the other is the WPS method.
Belkin WiFi Extender Setup Using Manual Method:
- First, open a web browser on your system. You can choose any from Safari, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Now, input ‘belkin.setup‘ in the address bar. Then press the ‘enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Besides, you can type the Belkin default IP address, which is 220.127.116.11.
- As a result, you will be directed to the Belkin range extender setup page.
- There you have to read the End User License Agreement by clicking on its link.
- Then, return to the setup window and agree to the T&Cs.
- Moreover, select the checkbox ‘Automatic Software Updates.’
- After that, click on the ‘Manual Setup.’ You will find it at the bottom of the setup page.
- Doing this will begin searching for wireless networks in range. Once the search is over, you will see a list of available networks.
- Hence, select the wireless network that you wish to extend to Belkin WiFi Extender.
- Once you select the network, input your password and proceed next.
- Now, the spot finder technology will look for your extender location to offer better performance. You can change the location of the extender during this process. However, if you do not wish to change, press on ‘Connect Anyway’ and proceed further.
- Now, create an admin password to secure your network’s range.
- Then, review the extended network information and click on the edit button if you wish to make changes. Else, proceed with the next option.
- After that, you will see a login window on the screen. Enter your password and change the extender settings. However, if you do not remember your password, create a new one by resetting your range in the reset factory.
- As a result, your range extender setup successful message will appear on the screen.
Belkin WiFi Extender Setup Using WPS Method:
- For this, one needs to press and hold the WPS button on the extender for about 2 seconds.
- Remember, the WPS button is available at the top of your extender.
- Then, make sure the WPS light starts flashing.
- Now, push and hold the WPS button on the router.
- Now, the extender will automatically exchange a security key to establish a connection with your WPS-enabled router.
- After that, you have to open a web browser.
- Then, type ‘belkin.range‘ and press the enter key to start the search.
- Once the page opens, click on the ‘WiFi Protected Setup’ under the ‘Extended Network Settings’ option.
- As a result, a WiFi protected setup window will appear. There you have to enter your WPS PIN in the ‘Enter Client Device PIN.’
- Then, hit the ‘Enroll’ tab.
- Your range extender will be successfully established to the router within 2 minutes.