Connect the router with the modem and computer:
To begin the Belkin router setup, you need to connect the devices together, i.e the router, modem, and computer. For that, follow the given steps:
- Unbox the power cable and the network cable of your Belkin router by removing its packaging.
- Then, plug the one end of the network cable into a LAN port of your modem and the other end into the WAN(Internet Port) of your router.
- Now, connect the power cable to the router and the adaptor into the electrical outlet.
- Then, connect the modem to the power outlet.
- Now, observe the LED lights of your router and wait for the lights to become solid.
- For the Belkin router setup, you need to connect your router to the computer by using the Ethernet cable. So, plug the one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the ethernet port of your router. Make sure that the cable is properly inserted into their respective ports.
Procedure to set up your Belkin Router
You can set up your Belkin router either by accessing the router’s setup page or inserting the CD that comes with your router. So, follow the below-given procedures for Belkin router setup:
Using the Web-based Setup Page:
If you want to set up your Belkin router by accessing the router’s setup page, you need to provide your Belkin’s router IP address. So, go through the given instructions:
- Once your Belkin router is connected to the computer, you need to open a web browser. You can access Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc according to your preference on your system. You can find the browser icons on the desktop of your system.
- Now, you need to type Belkin router default IP address i.e 192.168.2.1 in the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- By doing so, it will take you to the “Let’s Connect to the Internet” page. Click on Detect my Connection tab for the Belkin router setup.
- Once the connection is established, the router will now check for new firmware updates. If there is an update available, make sure to update the firmware.
- After that, you will be asked to change your default Network name and password. The router default wireless settings are located at the back of your router. But you can change the settings according to your preference. So follow the below-given instructions:
- In the first field, change the default network name.
- Then, type your network password that must be both secure and memorable. Make sure that you have created a strong password that should be difficult to guess for better security.
- After that, select your security type by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field. It is recommended to select the WPA2 as it is the most secure security type among all.
- Next, you need to click on the Save and Continue button in order to make the changes.
- Then, the router will verify your Network name and Password. Once the process is done, you need to click on “Great, what’s next?” tab for Belkin router setup.
- Now, the Register Your Router window will appear on your screen. You can also skip this step by clicking on the “Register Later” option. Fill the necessary fields that are given below to register your router:
- Type your first name.
- In the next field, enter your last name.
- Now, provide your phone number that can receive important messages from Belkin.
- Next, you need to type your email address. In case you have created a Belkin account before, provide the same email address.
- Then, select your country in which you reside by clicking on the drop-down menu box.
- In addition, tick mark the given checkboxes to get notifications of the latest offers and products of Belkin.
- At last, click on the Complete Registration tab. By doing so, your router is successfully registered.
- In the next window, click on Thanks, take me to the dashboard button. Now, you will be redirected to the dashboard where you can modify your router settings.
This completes the Belkin router setup by using the web-based setup page.
Using the CD:
The setup CD comes with your router and you can install your router by inserting the CD into your computer’s CD drive. Hence, follow the given steps for Belkin router setup:
- First of all, you need to make sure that your router is properly connected with the modem and the computer.
- Then, locate your default Network name and password. You can find your network SSID, Password, Security Type at the bottom of your router. After getting the default router settings, you can install your Belkin router on your system.
- Now, you need to insert the Belkin’s router setup CD into your computer’s CD drive. The CD is provided to you with the purchase of your Belkin router. Ensure that the CD is properly inserted.
- Next, browse to your CD drive on your system and double-click on the Belkin Setup CD icon.
- When your CD is open, click on the Set Up icon.
- Now, you will be asked to provide your default Network Name and Password. Hence, type the SSID and password into their respective fields. Then, click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, the progress screen will appear stating “Establishing a connection with your router”. The process may take a few minutes to complete and you need to wait for its completion. Make sure that you do not shut down your system in between the process. Otherwise, the Belkin router setup will stop.
- Once your router is successfully connected, a success message will appear on your Belkin Router Login Page. This indicates that you are securely connected to your internet via your Belkin router.
- Your Belkin router is successfully installed. Now, you can register your device to stay informed about new software updates, features and Belkin Products.
- In addition, you can modify your router settings i.e Network name, password, security type and much more. Also, make sure that you set a strong and memorable password to keep your network secured from hackers.
So, this finishes the Belkin Router Setup by using the CD.