Belkin.Range - How to Set up a Belkin Range Extender in a Simple Way
The innovative and hi-tech Belkin Wi-Fi range extenders are the best choice for all those who are looking for feature-rich extenders in an affordable price range. Belkin extenders are manufactured under the prominent American electronics manufacturer- Belkin international. Using a Belkin range extender is one of the best possible ways through which the users can miraculously increase the coverage area of their existing router signal.
Although Belkin is known for manufacturing user-friendly products, it could be a little trickier for some non-techie users to set up their Belkin Wi-Fi range extender. Therefore, for all such users we will mention the step-wise procedure to perform Belkin extender setup via Belkin.range. Thus, all the users must follow each guideline carefully to set up their range extender in the most straightforward manner.
Setup Range Extender Wirelessly
All the users can easily set up their Belkin extender with any router via Belkin.range. So, there’s no need to change the router that users are using currently.
Note: users are suggested to follow the same steps to connect the extender with any router or wireless internet modem.
- Firstly, make sure the range extender is plugged into the power outlet that is nearest to the wireless router.
- Now, visit the Wi-Fi section of your device and go through the list of the available networks.
- As soon as the users plug their Wi-Fi extender into the power outlet, it will activate its default name- “Belkin.setup.”
- Thus, users should look for the Belkin extender default name in the available networks list on their computer/laptop.
- Hence, click on the Belkin.setup from the list.
- Note: if users are not able to see the default name, they should consider resetting the extender.
- After this, the users are suggested to connect and Belkin Router Login with the Belkin.setup network. They can set up a password and secure it during the installation procedure.
- Now, go to the internet browser and enter Belkin.range in the address bar.
- After this, users are suggested to install and configure the Belkin range extender.
- Now, the Belkin range extender will search for the network names available in its range.
- Here, the users should click on the network name that is required to be increased.
- Now, click on the “Next” button.
- After this, the users will be asked to enter their network key, i.e., their router’s password.
- Hence, the users should enter their wireless network router password and press the “Next” button.
- After this, the users will be required to click on the “Create extended network” option.
- Now, restart the router and wait for a few minutes.
- After this, place the extender where the router signals are weak.
Hence, now all the users have completed their Belkin range setup via Belkin.range.
Steps to perform the setup via WPS key
All the users are suggested to make sure that their router has a WPS feature. Now, the users can proceed with the Belkin extender setup procedure via the WPS key:-
- First of all, the users are suggested to restart their router and plug the extender into it.
- Now, the users are required to press and hold the WPS key located on the extender for 3-5 seconds.
- By now, the WPS LED should start blinking.
- After this, quickly go to the router and press its WPS key within 2 minutes.
Note: all the users are suggested to make sure that WPS led on the extender should be solid green. If it is not the same, the users are advised to restart both devices and repeat the aforementioned procedure.
Most Common Problems with Belkin Extender
Belkin users often face some common issues with their extender that can be easily resolved by following some simple tips. In this section, we’ll discuss the common problems with the extender and how to resolve them:-
- Network connection dropping frequently.
- Not able to connect the wireless devices at home.
- The power light and the wireless lamp are amber.
- Setup and configuration related problems.
Setup related issues and solutions:
- Sometimes, users do not see the Belkin.setup (Default name of the extender network) in the network list. In this case, the users are advised to reboot their device (Smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.) and then power cycle their Belkin extender. Apart from this, the users can also refresh their network list.
- The default IP address of all Belkin range extender is “192.168.206.1” or “Belkin.range” in the web URL. This is how users should log in to their Belkin range extender setup page.
- The default password of the extender is given at its bottom. It is used during the login procedure. However, if the users are unable to log in through the default password, they are required to change it by resetting the Belkin extender and the router.
Now, all the users know how to set up their range extender via Belkin.range that too without any technical help. In addition to this, they can also resolve or avoid the most common yet annoying issues they may encounter during the Belkin extender or usage. Apart from this, we also included the guidelines to connect the extender with the router through the WPS key.