Belkin N300 Setup - How To Perform A Belkin N300 Extender Setup?
Belkin Range extenders are a standard and ideal networking device that enhances the wireless coverage between the wireless router and desired location. So the users looking for the Belkin N300 setup process should carefully read the information provided below.
In today’s world, Belkin is a well-known company that manufactures high-quality networking devices. All Belkin products are made of the latest and advanced networking features and are also quite impressive. But there are still some users who look for ways to perform the Belkin setup. Hence for them, the information provided below would be beneficial.
The users who are looking out for ways regarding Belkin N300 setup must read the step by step procedure provided below in this section. However, setting up the Belkin Range extender with the existing router by Belkin Router Login and get more comfortable through the details provided here.
Benefits of Belkin N300 Extender
Before moving further with the steps for Belkin N300 Setup, carefully check the benefits of the Belkin N300 extender.
- It has a smooth push-button configuration.
- It supports Windows and iOS operating systems.
- It aims to extend the network coverage of the existing network.
- It has a wireless compatibility feature ranging from 802.11b to 2.4 GHz.
- It supports 64-128 bit WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryption.
Things to consider before perform the Belkin Setup process
The Belkin N300 Setup procedure is simple and easy, but the users must consider the following things mentioned below before performing the Setup procedure.
So, checkout the following things before performing the Belkin N300 Setup process.
- An updated and latest router’s version along with the SSID and Password
- An ethernet cable in working condition
- The default login credentials for Belkin.range for completing the Belkin N300 setup process.
- A system with a fast and accessible internet connection
Belkin N300 Setup Procedure
The Belkin N300 Setup procedure is easy and straightforward. Also, the Belkin N300 can be easily setup wirelessly. However, the wireless installation procedure completely depends upon WPS and is one of the simplest ways to setup an extender.
WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected system (WPS) and is also known as a network security standard, which protects a Wi-Fi network from malicious attack. Besides this, it allows the users to access the services without accessing the Belkin.setup page or putting the home network’s password.
The users who are unaware of the Belkin N300 setup procedure are recommended to perform the process using the WPS button.
- Initially, press and hold the “WPS” button of the Belkin device for a few seconds.
- Once the stable light comes on the device, then release the button.
- Now, after a few minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the existing router for a few seconds and then release it.
Belkin N300 Setup via Setup Wizard
The users can also perform the setup through the setup wizard. Therefore for that, follow the steps provided below.
Note: Before initiating the Belkin Setup wizard, the users must have a web-enabled device such as a tablet or a system.
- First of all, plug-in the belkin range extender into the power outlet.
- After this, connect the displayed network with the smart Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Now open the web browser and then type the IP address in the browser’s address bar.
- After this, wait for the page to open, and from there, click on the “Get Started” button.
- From there, the users are suggested to choose the network whose range they want to extend.
- After this, click on the “Next” option.
- After that, the Belkin Smart setup wizard will rectify the password.
- In the end, click on the “Next” option to complete the Setup process.
Belkin Range Extender Reset Procedure
The users are suggested to perform the steps provided below regarding the Belkin Range Extender reset procedure. However, the resetting procedure helps the users to restore the extender’s settings to factory default. The restore procedure is done when the user wants to reinstall and reconfigure their device. So, perform the following steps provided below on the Belkin Range Extender reset procedure.
- In the beginning, press and hold the “Reset” button for at least 10 seconds.
- Note: Make sure that the range extender is powered “ON.”
- After this, the status light on the range extender will start flashing and begin to blink.
- Now when the light becomes solid again, then it indicates that the reset procedure is complete.
These were the steps through which the user can easily reset their Belkin Range Extender. However, if any user gets stuck in-between, then take help from the experts.