Belkin Range Extender is a device that repeats the wireless signal from your router to expand its coverage throughout the home. You can connect multiple devices to your range extender to increase the speed of your wireless network. These extenders cover all the dead zones and provide internet connectivity in hard-to-reach areas. So for Belkin.setup, you need to carefully follow the below-given guide.
- First of all, plug your range extender into a power outlet and turn it on. Your extender must be placed within the range of your router’s wireless network.
- Now, check the LED lights of your range extender. Make sure that the LED lights are properly lit.
- Afterwards, you need to connect your range extender to the computer, laptop or mobile for Belkin.setup. For a wireless connection, click on the Wi-Fi icon on your system. It will show a list of network names in range. You need to select your default range extender name i.e Belkin.setup from the list of options. In case you are unable to find this network in the list, do the following:
- Place your Belkin range extender near to the computer.
- If you still can’t find your network, you need to reset your range extender. To do this, press the reset button which is located at the top panel of the extender for at least 10 seconds. Then, power cycle your range extender and then connect to the network again.
- You can also connect your range extender to the computer by using a wired connection method. For that, you need to take an ethernet cable. Then, connect one end of the ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the extender.
- Now, wait for your device to connect with the Belkin.setup network before proceeding to the next step.
- Once your device is connected to the range extender i.e Belkin. setup, open a web browser on your system. You can access Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. according to your operating system. You will find the browser icons on the desktop of your system.
- Now, go to the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. Type “belkin.range” or Belkin default IP address i.e 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Then, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- By doing so, the Belkin range extender setup page will appear on your screen. Select your preferred language by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field. The language field is located at the bottom-left corner of the setup window.
- Then, it will start checking for the available networks in range. Select your Wi-Fi network from the given list of options for Belkin.setup. In case your network name is not listed in the Wi-Fi list, click on the Refresh button given there. But if you have a hidden network, you need to manually enter your Network name and password. For that, click on “I want to connect to a hidden network” and then follow the below-given steps:
- In the first field, type your network name.
- Then, enter your network password into the next field.
- After that, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, the Spot Finder technology determines the signal strength between your extender and the router. The technology checks the location of your extender for better performance of your network. Hence, adjust your extender if it is too far or too close to your router. In case, you do not want to change the location of your extender right now, click on Connect Anyway which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- After that, the “Secure your range extender” window will display on your screen. For maintaining secure access to your network and for Belkin.setup, you will be asked to provide an administrator password. So, fill the necessary fields that are given below for Belkin.setup:
- In the create an admin password field, type a password that should contain between 1-128 characters. Also, the password must be difficult to guess but easy-to-remember.
- In the next field, type your admin password again for confirmation. Make sure that you are typing all the same characters as in the above field, otherwise, it will show you an error- Password does not match.
- Now, you need to add a password hint. Whenever you forget your password, it will help you to remember your password. But this field is not compulsory to fill.
- To save the administrator password, click on the Save button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Next, it will take you to the “Confirm your Extended Network”, you need to review the Extended Network information. If you do not want to make any changes, click on the Confirm button given there. But if you intend to change your network name and password, click on the Edit button and set the extender settings according to your preference.
- A new window will appear on your screen stating- Your range extender is set up. It means that your Belkin. setup Range Extender is successfully installed. Now you can easily increase the speed of your network and eliminates all the dead zones. Also, you can change your Belkin.setup extender settings whenever you want for better security. Further, you can print the extended information by clicking on the “Print Extended Network Information”.
This completes the setup of your range extender “Belkin.setup”.