Belkin Range Extender Setup
Belkin Range Extender allows you to extend your Wi-Fi network in hard-to-reach areas. It repeats the wireless signal from your router and helps in improving the performance of your network. Also, it comes with Spot Finder Technology to check and adjust the location of your range extender. You can also setup Belkin range extender without using any cables or wires. So to increase the speed of your network and for Belkin Range Extender Setup, pursue the given step-by-step procedure.
Step 1. Connect the Extender to the power outlet:
- Place your Extender within the range of your router’s wireless network.
- Then connect your range extender to the power outlet.
- Now, check the LED lights located on the top panel of your range extender.
Step 2: Connect the Extender to the computer:
To begin the process of Belkin range extender setup, you need to connect the extender to the computer, laptop or Tablet. You can connect your extender either wirelessly or using a wired connection. So, follow the below-given instructions:
- Wireless Setup: For that, you need to locate your default extender name i.e Belkin.setup in the available list of Wi-Fi. Then, connect your device to the default extender network name. If you are unable to find this network, reset your range extender. Press the reset button of your extender for at least 10 seconds while it is turned on and wait till the LED light blinks.
- Wired Setup: In case, you want to connect your extender to the computer by using a wired connection, use an appropriate ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the ethernet port of your extender. Make sure that the cable is properly inserted and the Wi-Fi is turned off.
Belkin Range Extender Setup
You can set up your extender in two ways- Manual method or WPS method. So for Belkin Range Extender Setup, you need to follow the below-given procedures:
Using the Manual Method:
- Launch a web browser: To continue with the process of Belkin range extender setup, open a web browser on your system. You can access Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. according to your preference.
- Access range extender’s setup page: Now, type belkin.range in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. Then press the Enter key from your keyboard. You can also type the Belkin default IP address i.e 192.168.206.1 to access the Belkin range extender setup page.
- It will take you to the Belkin Range Extender Setup page. Read the End User License Agreement thoroughly by clicking on its link. Then, return to the setup window. If you agree with all the terms and conditions check the box “I accept the End User License Agreement”.
- Also, it is recommended to select the checkbox “Automatic Software Updates”. By doing so, all the software updates will install automatically in the future.
- Then, click on “Manual Setup” which is given at the bottom of the setup page.
- Now, it will start searching for wireless networks in range. Once the searching process is over, it will show you a list of available networks. Select the wireless network that you want to extend fo Belkin Range Extender setup. If you are unable to find your network in the given list, click the refresh icon to update the list.
- Once you have selected your network, enter your wireless password into the required field and then click on the Next button given there
- Now, the Spot Finder technology will check your extender location for better performance. So, if your extender is too close or too far, adjust your extender accordingly. But if you do not want to change your extender location, click on Connect Anyway and move forward to the next step.
- To secure your range extender, you need to create an administrator password. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- In the first field, create an admin password. Make sure that the characters must contain between 1-128 characters. Also, it should be both secure and memorable.
- Now, type your admin password again into the next field. Ensure that you are entering all the same characters as in the above field, otherwise, it will show you an error.
- Also, add a password hint that will help you to remember your password. But this field is optional.
- Then, click on the Save button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- It will take you to a new window. Review the Extended Network information and if you want to make any changes, click on the Edit button given there. Otherwise, click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, the Login window will appear on your screen. You need to enter the password to view and change the range extender settings. But if you do not remember your password, you can create a new password by resetting your range extender to factory settings.
- Your range extender is set up message will display on your screen. This indicates that the Belkin Range Extender Setup is completed.
Using WPS Method:
You can set up your Belkin range extender by using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup method.
WPS Push Button:
- Press and hold the WPS button on your range extender for at least 2 seconds. The WPS button is located at the top panel of your extender.
- Make sure that the WPS lights on the extender flashes.
- Within 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS button on your router.
- Now, the range extender will automatically exchange a security key and establish a connection with your WPS-enabled router.
Connect Using the WPS PIN:
- Open a web browser.
- Type “belkin.range” in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- In the next window, click Wi-Fi Protected Setup under the section of “Extended Network Settings”.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup window will appear on your screen. In the Enter Client Device PIN field, type your device WPS PIN and click on the Enroll tab.
- Within 2 minutes, your range extender will be successfully connected to the router.