Belkin Router Login
For Belkin router login, firstly you need to connect your router to the computer. So, follow the below-given procedure:
Connect the modem, router, and computer
- First of all, remove the packaging of both the power cable and the network cable of your Belkin router.
- Now, connect one end of the network cable into a LAN port of your modem and the other end into the WAN(Internet Port) of your router.
- Next, plug the one end of the power cable to the router and the adaptor into the power outlet.
- After that, turn on the router by pressing its power button.
- To start the process of Belkin router login, you need to connect your router to the computer. For that, attach one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the ethernet port of your router. Ensure that the cable is properly inserted.
Belkin Router Login Procedure
- First and foremost, open a web browser, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc on your system. You can find the browser icons on the desktop of your system.
- Now, type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. This is the Belkin’s router default IP address. Once you have input the IP address, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Next, the login window will appear on your screen. You will be asked to log in with the router’s admin password. In case, you have not created a custom password, leave the password field blank.
- Then, click on the Submit button.
- Now, you should be able to access the Belkin router setup page.
Troubleshoot Belkin Router Login Issues
Sometimes, you face issues while login to your Belkin router. There may be several reasons for it, for example, defective ethernet cable, incorrect IP address, web browser issue, an incorrect password used to log in, outdated firmware, etc. In order to resolve all these issues, you need to follow the below-given methods:
Make sure that the Ethernet cable is properly connected:
If you are unable to access the Belkin router login page, it is possible that there is a defect in the ethernet cable or it is not properly connected to your computer. To resolve this issue, you need to pursue the below-given steps:
- Unplug the cable from the computer and the router.
- Check that the cable is not busted.
- Now, connect one end of the cable to the router and the other end to the computer. Also, ensure that the cable is properly inserted into the respective ports.
- If the issue does not resolve, try using another ethernet cable.
Enter the correct router’s IP address:
In case, you are facing issues while accessing the Belkin router login page, it might possible that you entering the wrong IP address. The default Belkin router IP address is 192.168.2.1. If the default IP address does not work, follow the given instructions to check your IP address:
- Press Windows+R keys on your keyboard.
- Then, it will show you a pop-up box. Type “cmd” into the given field and then click OK.
- Now, type “ipconfig/all” and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- In the default gateway section, look for your router’s local IP address.
- Click on the Apple icon and then select System Preferences from the given list of options.
- Under System Preferences, click Network.
- It will take you to the “Network” screen. In the Location field, select Automatic by clicking on the drop-down menu box.
- After that, select Ethernet and check your router’s IP address under the router section.
Delete Past History and Cache from your Browser:
The existence of past history slows down the performance of your browser and PC. This creates issues in accessing the Belkin router login page. So follow the given procedure for deleting the past history and unwanted files from your browser:
For Chrome Browser:
- First of all, open Chrome Browser.
- Then, click on the Customize and control icon which is located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Afterwards, select the History option from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Clear Browsing Data tab which is given on the left side of the window.
- Now, a dialog box will be shown on your screen. You need to select the time range and check the appropriate boxes to delete the history.
- At last, click on the Clear Data button.
For Safari browser:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Now, go to the upper-left corner of the window and click on the click on the Safari tab.
- Then, select History from the given list of options.
- After that, you will see a pop-up box on your screen. Select the time period for which you want to delete the history.
- At last, click on the Clear History button and this will remove the past browsing history from your browser.
Note: The procedure may vary depending on the browsers you are using for Belkin router login.
Reset the Router’s Settings:
If you still can’t access the Belkin router login page, you can reset the device. For that, follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds located at the back of your router.
- Then, release the button.
- By doing so, the Power LED of the router will blink for a few seconds.
- Now, wait for at least one minute to restart your router. Your Belkin router is now reset to its factory default settings. This will also rest your admin and Wi-Fi password.
Update the Router’s Firmware
If the issue does not resolve and you are unable to login to your Belkin router, check your router has the latest firmware installed. If the firmware is outdated, you need to download the firmware from the Belkin Support.
Check the Router’s LED lights:
You need to ensure that the LED lights corresponding to the ports where the cables are connected are lit properly.